Wednesday 16 November 2011

two steps forward one back

Today was not so good. Rowan was very reluctant to come to the front of the stable this morning. Took his feed into him and most mornings he hears me coming and meets me at the door this morning he hid at the back of the box until i had turned round to leave the stable. Wasn't keen on being touched at all today went right back to the start with him though and within 10 minutes he was letting me touch him not quite up as far as his withers but not too far off. Left him for a while before coming back to him and he gradually let me in. Unfortunately it coincided with my birthday and the busiest day of the month at work so I couldn't get a third session in with him today. Hopefully he will be a bit more relaxed tomorrow. He is looking much brighter in himself every day though. Maybe mucking out was a step too far yesterday but then it has too be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment